Airtel has made it possible for users to share and also gift data to their loved ones through their USSD code. So those of us that wish to do that for yourself or for a loved one, should read further for more instructions on how to.
Airtel called this feature SmartSHARE which allows you to share a data plan with your family and friends and also across your phones, tablets, and laptops.
This feature usually comes in handy, like for me, I always use my laptop with a modem, sometimes when I don’t have a subscription on my phone, I always use this feature. That is why I will be giving this detailed step by step guide on how you can do that with ease this 2020.
ALSO READ: Get MTN 1GB Opera Mini Data for Just N100
You can also check out my post on Airtel Night Plan which offers data at a cheap price some weeks ago, know more about it here: http://bit.ly/38tgYPt
There are two ways you can share data on the Airtel network and they are;
DATA ME2U or DATA SHARE: Data Me2U or Data Share helps you share or transfer from your data allowance to another person, be it your friend or family member or even to your other Airtel line.
- So, to share/transfer data, simply dial *141# and select No. 6 which is “Data Gifting & Sharing”.
- Select No. 3 “Data Me2U”, then select
- No. 2 “Send Me2U from existing allowance” then input
- The number you want to send the data to, then the
- Data Allowance you want to send, and lastly
- Input your correct PIN to send it.
DATA GIFTING: Data gifting comes in handy if for instance your friend or family member runs out of data, you can easily buy a data bundle for that person with your airtime by using Data gifting or If you want to surprise someone with a data bundle you can do same.
- To Gift data, simply dial *141# and select No. 6 which is “Data Gifting & Sharing”
- Select No. 2 “Data Gifting”, then select
- Your preferred plan that you want to send, monthly, daily/weekly or mega data bundles, then select
- Your preferred plan under the monthly, daily/weekly or mega data bundles, then select
- No. 1 “To Activate”, then input
- The number of the person you want to gift the data to, and lastly
- Input your correct PIN to send it
How To Change your PIN
Note, before you can be able to share/gift your data to another person, you need to first change your default pin which is 1234 to your preferred PIN. To do so read below.
- To change your PIN, dial *141#, then select No. 6, after that select No. 1 “Change Pin”, then
- Input your OLD PIN, then your NEW PIN, and confirm your NEW PIN.
- That’s all, you will receive a text that your PIN has been changed.
| Validity Period
The validity period for shared/transferred data is 24 hours, after 24 hours you won’t be able to use the data again. Then for Gifted data, the person can use the data up to the period the data plan expires.
PS: Now that you have gotten these detailed guide on how to share data on Airtel, make sure you share it with your friends.
Also, share your experience in the comment section below, and if you got any questions also ask them in the comment section, I will reply asap.