Tecno Mobility recently added another Product to the Spark Series of their Android Phones, which is tagged to be bigger, broader and clearer. Its predecessor Tecno Spark 3 was launched back on April 2, 2019.
Tecno Spark 4 is packed with many improved/new features and the latest technology for the mid-range smartphone users, and one thing I love about this device is that, with all these new and advanced features that come with it, it still sells at a low price making it affordable to many.
Prior to the release of Tecno Spark 4, Tecno Mobility also unveiled the Tecno Spark 4 Air, Tecno Spark Go and Tecno Spark Youth.
Infra, I will be talking about the specifications, features and where you can buy the Tecno Spark 4.
Tecno Spark 4 Basic Specs and Features
- 6.52 Dot Notch Display with Full HD (720 x 1600 Pixels) 269 ppi density
- HIOS 5.5 based on Android 9 Pie
- 8MP front camera with flash
- 13MP+2MP+ QVGA Triple Rear Camera with Dual Flash
- 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM and a Quad-Core Processor
- Fingerprint (Rear-mounted)
- Micro SD (Dedicated Slot)
- Battery Capacity of 4000mAh (Non-removable Li-Po Battery)
- Height: 165.28mm | Weight: 75.9mm | Thickness: 8.2mm
Design and Display
The design comes with a plastic build with round-edged corners, a colourful gradient, that looks truly amazing in hand and stands out from the crowd. The device comes with two eye-catching colours which are the Royal Purple/Vacation Blue.
At the back of the Tecno Spark 4, you will likely see a triple camera setup with dual flash, a fingerprint sensor and the Tecno branding on the bottom.
Moving on, we have the display of the Spark 4 which sports a 6.52 Dot Notch Display with Full HD and 720 x 1600 Pixels with up to 90% certain screen ratio. A high resolution that offers full view experience, thou there are bezels on the display but they seem to be reduced a bit compared to its predecessor; Spark 3.
Camera and Battery
As I said earlier the rear Camera comes with a tripple camera system with dual flash, a 13MP (Main camera) 2MP (Depth Sensor) and QVGA camera. Upfront, the Spark 4 comes with an 8MP camera for selfies and video calls.
The rear triple cameras setup drastically increased this year; 2019, since the Spark 3 and Spark 3 Pro comes with a dual-camera system, making the triple cameras in the Spark 4 a new development for the Spark series.
Pictures taken on the Spark 4 is expected to be imposing and good looking in any scenarios you take the picture in, but you will need to add some work to make it so, by taking it on a bright and good condition.
The Tecno Spark 4 packs a 4000mAh (Non-removable Li-Po Battery) that can carry you for a whole day, watching movies, navigating the internet, playing music and more.
Hardware, Software and other Key Features
The hardware of the Spark 4 is quite the same as the one of the Spark 3, it features a MediaTek Helio A22 Processor that clocks at 2.0 GHz which can get you the fastness you need on your smartphone.
It also comes with a 4G network system that can offer a speedy connection when surfing the internet. A 2GB/3GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage and a whopping 4000mAh battery. There is no fast charge apparatus that will make charging a breeze on the device, so don’t expect it.
Looking at the Operating System (OS), the Spark 4 runs the latest HiOS 5.5 ontop Android 9 Pie which gives your device more features, security enhancement and customization.
Tecno Spark 4 Full Specs
Here is the full list of Specs for the Spark 4.
- OS – Android 9 Pie on HIOS 5.5
- Processor – MediaTek Helio P22 Quad-Core Processor that clocks at 2.0 GHz
- Colour – Royal Purple/Vacation Blue
- GPU – PowerVR GE8320
- Loud Speaker – Yes
- Audio Jack – 3.5mm
- SIM Type – Nano (Dual SIM)
- Height/Weight/Thickness – 165.28mm/75.9mm/8.2 mm
- Rear Camera & Features – 13MP+2MP+QVGA Triple Rear Camera with Dual Flash ( Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama)
- Front Camera & Features – 8MP front camera with flash (Face detection, Geo-tagging, panorama)
- RAM – 2GB/3GB
- ROM (Internal Storage) – 32GB
- USB OTG – Yes
- External Storage – Yes up to 64GB
- Display – 6.52 Dot Notch Display with Full HD
- Pixels – 720 x 1600 Pixels
- Battery Capacity – 4000mAh (Non-removable Li-Po Battery)
- Talk Time – N/A
- Fast Charging – No
- Standby Time – N/A
Network & Connectivity
- GPRS – Yes
- EDGE – Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA – Yes
- HSPA+ – Yes
- 4G LTE – Yes (LTE Band 1/3/5/7/8/20/28/38/40)
- 5G – No
- Wi-Fi – Yes (Wi-Fi 802.11, a/b/g/n)
- Wi-Fi Hotspot – Yes
- Bluetooth – Yes (v5.0)
- USB Port – Yes
Sensors and Control
- Proximity Sensor – Yes
- Light Sensor – Yes
- Accelerometer – Yes
- Digital Compass – Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner – Yes (Rear-mounted)
- Face ID – Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant – Yes (Google Assistant)
- Voice Control – Yes
- Video Streaming – Yes
- Noice Cancellation – No
- Water Resistant – No
- Dust Resistant – No
- Image Editor – No (But can be downloaded from Playstore)
- Wireless Charging – No
- Document Editor/Viewer – No (But can be downloaded from Playstore)
- Video Editor – No (But can be downloaded from Playstore)
In the Box you will find;
Phone *1*, Charger Cable *1*, Charger *1*, User Manual *1*, Earphone *1*
Tecno Spark 4 Price
The Spark 4 price is in the range of N35,000 – N37,000 in Nigeria. It’s also available in retail and online stores in Kenya and Ghana.
You can buy the Tecno Spark 4 from Retail stores around you and online. PLEASE NOTE that the price range might differ based on location, configuration, and other features.
Like, Share and Comment!
Also if you have questions about this device or other devices, drop your comment on the section below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.